Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Favorites - Chrysanthemums


Chrysanthemums remind me so much of fall and fall is definitely in the air! My father is a very passionate flower gardener, certainly where I picked up my love of all the things floral, and he adores mums. 

Each fall he has half dozen or so pots of gold, fire, and crimson mums gracing the steps of not only my childhood home, but the church steps he and my mother attend, my sister's home and I am sure my father's next visit to my apartment will bring a mum or two in tow. 

So why did the make my Friday Favorite list? Of course the reason above is simply enough, but I know everyone doesn't share the same sentimental memories as I do for this flower. The Chrysanthemum is in season during the fall and is an economical flower, huge benefits to your wallet and the environment. The mum is also a sturdy flower all the do-it-yourself brides that will be tying their own bouquets and comes in a large array of colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment